Tuesday 17 January 2006

倫敦好吃報--Jamie Oliver的 Fifteen






Jamie Oliver, celebrity chef, establishes his restaurant in north London.

His campaign in changing the school dinner in Britain is considered one

of the most significant and revolutionary actions in the 21st century.

The process of his campaign is filmed by Channel Four and has been

sold to Taiwan. Now he is not just a well-known chef in England.

His programme is also very popular and widely watched by the

Taiwanese audience. Well, I guess Jamie must not know he does

have many fans in Taiwan; otherwise, I guess he will start cooking

Chinese food.



Anyway, as Tonta is his biggest fan, we decided to take her there

for dinner. My first impression is of the restaurant is the exceptional

trendy atmosphere and the friendly staff. The Trattoria is on the

ground floor and has an open plan kitchen. The bar displays

various kinds of antipasti, which looks absolutely fabulous.

We did not wait for our table too long; actually the service

is undoubtedly at a very high standard.



The homemade bread is delicious. I particularly enjoy the one

made with rosemary. I guess I just cannot resist the gorgeous

smell from the rosemary.



We had three pasta and a roast monkfish. Two antipasti, one

roasted new potatoes and one salad. All the pasta are

freshly made. We have pappardelle with pork ragu,

tagliatelle carbonara with guanciale and parmigiano

and an oxtail gnocchi. The monkfish is probably the

tenderest one I have ever tasted. Generally I think

they are all very nice. The ingredients come from the

best produce. This is a really enjoyable dining experience.



Something unexpected came up, we discovered a hair in

our dish which is really unpleasant. However, I think the

staff (I am not sure if he’s the manager) handled the

situation very well. He apologized immediately and

very sincerely. He also offered us a new dish which

we kindly rejected. He also took both

the pasta and the monkfish off the bill.



Well I have to say that this is not a cheap or bargain place

to eat, but the food is not bad and we did enjoy our meal

very much (except from the little accident).



-------------------------------------------------

Jamie Oliver的餐廳,在英國可也是數一數二的有名喔!

台灣好像沒有這麼年輕又有名氣的廚師,我能想到的

只有阿鴻ㄟ...

anyway,在倫敦的朋友,或是要來倫敦玩耍的朋友,

有預算的話可以去試試拉!



他的餐廳很有趣喔,叫做Fifteen。Jamie希望給更多英國年輕人

更多機會學習,尤其是一些找不到工作、或是問題青年。Jamie希望

藉由他的力量可以給這個族群的人重新找到對人生的意義還有自

我價值的肯定。



更多訊息請參考網頁



http://www.fifteenrestaurant.com/




7 comments:

  1. Did you take any photos?

    It must be a nice place with fabulous

    decoration. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    It's amazing that I googled the term "delicious" and whatever it

    was. It turned to to be linked here...

    So, I guess it proved that we both are so into great food and it's

    time to say, "I'm coming back on my way..."

    Ciao ~


    ReplyDelete
  3. ciao ciao~~~





    you forgot to leave your name, but i figure you must be a friend of mine,

    am i right?





    yes, i love great food and i enjoy truly great food and life...



    nice to see you here, next time dont forget to say who you are...

    haha



    ciao ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  4. L'information interessante que vous avez! I'am allant revenir bientot.

    ReplyDelete


  5. to....



    bonjour~



    well, i forgot all my french, so allow me to write in english.

    thank you for leaving message,

    dont know if you are a friend of mine,

    but hey come again~

    ReplyDelete
  6. 親愛的阿莫

    我剛去過奧力佛的餐廳喔

    餐點真的還滿不錯吃的

    ReplyDelete